Heather Mills to kick-off charity football match at Mile End Stadium
CHARITY campaigner and Dancing on Ice star Heather Mills will kick off a charity football match at Mile End Stadium. The match is organised by the charity Tribute 2 a Legend Trust, and will see a celebrity All Stars team take on The London Amputees on Sun
CHARITY campaigner and Dancing on Ice star Heather Mills will kick off a charity football match at Mile End Stadium.
The match is organised by the charity Tribute 2 a Legend Trust, and will see a celebrity All Stars team take on The London Amputees on Sunday April 25.
Ms Mills, who has a prosthetic leg following a motorcycle collision, said: "It's absolutely fantastic that a team of amputees should be chosen to play in the first Football 4 All charity match, and it is a great reward for all the hard work that the players put in."
She added: "This team will inspire many people, but especially young amputee kids, who will see anything is possible if you put your mind to it."
You may also want to watch:
The All Stars team will be led by television presenter Julian Bennett, and includes England's Alan Cole, model Bianca Gascoigne, Doom and Enigma from Gladiators, and Bollywood actor Judanali.
The charity hopes the event will raise awareness for the Deprived Kids Football Tournament it is organising in the five Olympic host boroughs, which include Tower Hamlets.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone
This tournament will see 120 disadvantaged teenagers playing for the opportunity to go up against the All Star team in the final.
The event runs from 12.30pm until 3.30pm. Admission is free.