Helping hand offered to Tower Hamlets graduate job seekers
AN INTENSIVE two week boot camp is on offer to East End graduates to help them hone their CVs and interview techniques and land a job. The free Fastlaners programme is run by the Bethnal Green based Young Foundation and gives graduates access to busines
AN INTENSIVE two week boot camp is on offer to East End graduates to help them hone their CVs and interview techniques and land a job.
The free Fastlaners programme is run by the Bethnal Green based Young Foundation and gives graduates access to business expertise in Canary Wharf.
It's designed to help them find work rather than languish on the dole queue.
Young people aged 18 to 24 are often hard hit by the recession and find it tough to get work. According to government figures there were 715,000 unemployed young people nationally in January this year, with youngsters from the ethnic minorities finding it particularly tough.
You may also want to watch:
Ginny Lee from the Young Foundation said: "We have designed the programme so that participants will be able to sharpen their practical career skills, gain access to new networks and hone their soft skills such as confidence and motivation."
Applicants should have graduated within the last five years and preference is given to Tower Hamlets residents and people living in other East London boroughs.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
The course runs for a fortnight from June 14 to 25 and applications close on May 21 with details at www.fastlaners.org.
Contact the Young Foundation on 020 8 980 6263 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com