Hendon brings former Sunderland defender to Brisbane Road
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Frenchman Jean-Yves M’voto has joined Leyton Orient to increase the squad depth at the club
Leyton Orient have completed the signing of French defender Jean-Yves M’voto on a two-month deal.
The 27-year-old’s move to Brisbane Road was confirmed this afternoon and is a timely boost for Ian Hendon and co.
Connor Essam began the season as first-choice alongside O’s captain Mathieu Baudry, but suffered an ankle injury recently and is likely to remain out until the New Year.
Alan Dunne filled the void against Hartlepool United, but M’voto has joined the east Londoners to increase the squad depth at the club.
You may also want to watch:
Paul McCallum and Dean Cox have both suffered cruciate ligament damage recently and are set to miss the rest of the campaign, which contributed towards Orient only naming five substitutes at Hartlepool on Sunday.
After signing, M’voto is expected to start today (Saturday) against York City alongside Baudry at the heart of the O’s defence.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
He boasts a wealth of experience having originally began his career at Paris Saint-Germain before signing for Premier League side Sunderland in January 2008.
The Frenchman failed to make an appearance for the north east club, but enjoyed loan spells at Southend United and Oldham Athletic.
In the summer of 2011 he made a permanent switch to the Latics and was with them for two seasons before joining then Championship side Barnsley.
M’voto went on to make 30 appearances during the 2013/14 campaign, but couldn’t prevent the Tykes suffering relegation to League One.
Last season, however, he only featured 16 times for Barnsley and was subsequently released during the summer.
He was apparently training with German outfit Chemnitzer earlier this month, but has joined the O’s and provides a much-needed boost for Hendon ahead of the clash with York.