Hendon brings in experienced Brighton defender
- Credit: Archant
Orient boss has signed left-back on loan to compete with Frazer Shaw for a starting role in O’s team
Leyton Orient head coach Ian Hendon has boosted his squad by bringing in Brighton & Hove Albion defender Adam Chicksen on a one-month loan.
The O’s supporters will be familiar with the left-back because he has represented the Brisbane Road outfit before, back in 2012.
He moved to Orient on a one-month loan then and played three times for the club in January against Stevenage, Carlisle United and Chesterfield.
But the former MK Dons ace is much more experienced now and his addition is a welcome boost for Hendon and his team.
You may also want to watch:
Chicksen made 93 appearances for the Dons in all competitions after graduating from their academy before moving to Brighton in 2013.
Last season he impressed on-loan at Gillingham and Fleetwood Town, playing against Orient for the Gills in December.
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
He could go straight into the O’s starting line-up for tomorrow’s League Two clash with Notts County and his addition is believed to be the reason behind Joe Maguire returning to Liverpool.
Some supporters were unhappy to see Maguire, also a left-back, not have his loan at the club extended after only playing once during his month in east London.
But Chicksen appears ready to play league football straight away and should prove to be a smart bit of business by Hendon. He will wear the number 20 shirt during his time at the Brisbane Road.