Here’s what Vicky Park future will be—if Town Hall wins Lottery
PLANS for the future of East London’s famous Victoria Park which have been suggested by the public go on show next week in the run-up to a Town Hall bid for Lottery cash. A come and see’ fun-day is being staged on Saturday week when visitors can look at the proposals, while the kids get free face-painting and donkey rides
PLANS for the future of East London's famous Victoria Park which have been suggested by the public go on show next week in the run-up to a Town Hall bid for Lottery cash.
A 'come and see' fun-day event is being staged by Tower Hamlets council on Saturday week when visitors can look at the proposals, while the kids get free face-painting and donkey rides.
The Town Hall's parks department took the views of 1,000 people in August and September on what they want for Vicky Park.
The authority is putting money into a kitty to spruce up the park and hopes to get 'match cash' from the Big Lottery and the Heritage Lottery funds.
You may also want to watch:
A total of �12 million would be poured in if successful and would be the single biggest investment since the vast parkland between Bethnal Green and Hackney Wick was creation in the 1840s.
A Masterplan based on the summer's public consultations is being submitted in December, which goes on show at the October 24 fun day at the Grove Road entrance to Victoria Park, between 10am and 6pm.
- 1 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 9 Search is on for next Tower Hamlets Freedom of the Borough award recipient
- 10 Limehouse Link Tunnel closure causing traffic chaos and A13 delays