High speed chase follows gun battle in Bow
TWO men were shot during a gun battle and high-speed chase through the East End on Friday night. Detectives from the Met s Operation Trident, the unit which deals with gun crime in the black community, are appealing for witnesses two motorbikes and a silv
TWO men were shot during a gun battle and high-speed chase through the East End on Friday night.
Detectives from the Met's Operation Trident, the unit which deals with gun crime in the black community, are appealing for witnesses two motorbikes and a silver Audi A3 raced through Bow after the shootout in Devon's Road around midnight.
One of the motorbikes, which was carrying two people, crashed in St Paul's Way and the second motorbike, also carrying two people, collided with the car in Copperfield Way where they both came to a halt.
The rider or pillion passenger of one of the motorbikes, a 22-year-old man, was found suffering gunshot wounds and collision injuries. He is currently in a serious condition in hospital and is under arrest by police.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old passenger from the Audi attempted to run from the scene but was found by police and taken to hospital for treatment for a gunshot wound to the shoulder. He has now been discharged from hospital but was arrested and has been released on police bail.
The 32-year-old driver of the car was found at the scene and was taken to hospital suffering minor injuries but has since been discharged. He was arrested and has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
Three more men are still being hunted by police.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses want to hear from anyone who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously or who may have seen the vehicles involved.
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact Trident in confidence on 020 8217 7385 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.