High speed chase follows gun battle in Bow
TWO men were shot during a gun battle and high-speed chase through the East End on Friday night. Detectives from the Met s Operation Trident, the unit which deals with gun crime in the black community, are appealing for witnesses two motorbikes and a silv
TWO men were shot during a gun battle and high-speed chase through the East End on Friday night.
Detectives from the Met's Operation Trident, the unit which deals with gun crime in the black community, are appealing for witnesses two motorbikes and a silver Audi A3 raced through Bow after the shootout in Devon's Road around midnight.
One of the motorbikes, which was carrying two people, crashed in St Paul's Way and the second motorbike, also carrying two people, collided with the car in Copperfield Way where they both came to a halt.
The rider or pillion passenger of one of the motorbikes, a 22-year-old man, was found suffering gunshot wounds and collision injuries. He is currently in a serious condition in hospital and is under arrest by police.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old passenger from the Audi attempted to run from the scene but was found by police and taken to hospital for treatment for a gunshot wound to the shoulder. He has now been discharged from hospital but was arrested and has been released on police bail.
The 32-year-old driver of the car was found at the scene and was taken to hospital suffering minor injuries but has since been discharged. He was arrested and has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
Three more men are still being hunted by police.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses want to hear from anyone who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously or who may have seen the vehicles involved.
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact Trident in confidence on 020 8217 7385 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.