Himalayan products on sale at Nepalese Fair Trade Market
NEPALESE culture will be celebrated with live folk music and dance performances and authentic Nepalese food at Spitalfields Market.A fair trade market helping to alleviate poverty in the Asian country, which is one of the poorest in the world, will take
NEPALESE culture will be celebrated with live folk music and dance performances and authentic Nepalese food at Spitalfields Market.
A fair trade market helping to alleviate poverty in the Asian country, which is one of the poorest in the world, will take place at the market in Commercial Street from Saturday until Tuesday, giving shoppers the chance to see Nepalese artisans at work.
The event will fair trade products produced in Nepal such as hand-made rugs made from pure Tibetan sheep wool, handmade silver jewellery, pashminas and aromatic, organic teas produced by a co-operative of 100 farmers who make up the Kanchanjangha Tea Estate.
Visitors can also buy Nepalese hand-made paper made using an ancient skill dating back more than a thousand years and passed down through the generations.
The Nepalese Fair Trade Market is on at Spitalfields Market from 10.30am-5pm from Saturday until Tuesday.
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 Rooftop ice-rink opens at Tobacco Dock in Wapping
- 5 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 8 'Aggressive, violent behaviour' at Aldgate East tube station
- 9 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements