Himalayan products on sale at Nepalese Fair Trade Market
NEPALESE culture will be celebrated with live folk music and dance performances and authentic Nepalese food at Spitalfields Market.A fair trade market helping to alleviate poverty in the Asian country, which is one of the poorest in the world, will take
NEPALESE culture will be celebrated with live folk music and dance performances and authentic Nepalese food at Spitalfields Market.
A fair trade market helping to alleviate poverty in the Asian country, which is one of the poorest in the world, will take place at the market in Commercial Street from Saturday until Tuesday, giving shoppers the chance to see Nepalese artisans at work.
The event will fair trade products produced in Nepal such as hand-made rugs made from pure Tibetan sheep wool, handmade silver jewellery, pashminas and aromatic, organic teas produced by a co-operative of 100 farmers who make up the Kanchanjangha Tea Estate.
Visitors can also buy Nepalese hand-made paper made using an ancient skill dating back more than a thousand years and passed down through the generations.
You may also want to watch:
The Nepalese Fair Trade Market is on at Spitalfields Market from 10.30am-5pm from Saturday until Tuesday.
- 1 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 9 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs