Hoey launches daily walking tours to see the 2012 Olympic Park
WITH just over 840 days to the London 2012 Olympics a company of tour guides are launching daily walks to show people the emerging Olympic Park in East London. The Mayor s Commissioner for Sport Kate Hoey MP joined a tour to launch the daily walks this
WITH just over 840 days to the London 2012 Olympics a company of tour guides
are launching daily walks to show people the emerging Olympic Park in East London.
The Mayor's Commissioner for Sport Kate Hoey MP joined a tour to launch the daily walks this week.
Blue Badge guide Marc Belben has been guiding visitors around the Olympic park area since 2007 and has seen the dramatic changes as the park takes shape.
You may also want to watch:
He led Ms Hoey and a group of visitors on a one and a quarter mile route that takes in Three Mill Island, Bromley by Bow, with its historic mill and film studio before leading them to the Viewtube looking out over the Olympic Stadium and Aquatics Centre.
The walks start daily from Bromley by Bow tube station at 11am and cost �8 and �5 for concessions.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
Since the walks started in 2007 thousands of people have watched the Olympic park take shape, with 15 to 20 per cent of the people joining the walks coming from overseas.
Further details are available from www.toursof2012sites.com or 020 7495 5504.