Hollywood heart-throb Colin Farrell dines out in London Boulevard
HOLLYWOOD bad boy Colin Farrell and Pushing Daisies star Anna Friel are filming in a legendary East End caf� today. Oscar winning script writer William Monahan is making his directorial debut with the movie London Boulevard and he also adapted Ken Bruen s
HOLLYWOOD bad boy Colin Farrell and Pushing Daisies star Anna Friel are filming in a legendary East End caf� today.
Oscar winning script writer William Monahan is making his directorial debut with the movie London Boulevard and he also adapted Ken Bruen's best-selling novel for the film
Mr Monahan picked family-run Italian caf� E Pellicci on Bethnal Green Road to film a lunch meeting between Colin Farrell and Anna Friel's characters.
The popular caf� recently stood in for a Liverpool diner from the 50s for a movie featuring English Patient star Kristin Scott Thomas about the early life of John Lennon called Nowhere Man..
You may also want to watch:
Mr Monahan told the Advertiser: "You will be able to see the interior of the caf� in the film, which is a crime romance and will be coming out next year."
It's the tale of a London criminal newly released from prison who is played by Farrell, who becomes involved with an enigmatic actress.
- 1 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 6 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 7 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 8 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
Pellicci's was a popular haunt with East End gangsters the Kray Twins who lived just round the corner in Vallance Road.
Mr Monahan won the Oscar in 2007 for his script for The Departed also filmed at the First Choice caf� just a few doors down Bethnal Green Road.