Hollywood heart-throb Colin Farrell dines out in London Boulevard
HOLLYWOOD bad boy Colin Farrell and Pushing Daisies star Anna Friel are filming in a legendary East End caf� today. Oscar winning script writer William Monahan is making his directorial debut with the movie London Boulevard and he also adapted Ken Bruen s
HOLLYWOOD bad boy Colin Farrell and Pushing Daisies star Anna Friel are filming in a legendary East End caf� today.
Oscar winning script writer William Monahan is making his directorial debut with the movie London Boulevard and he also adapted Ken Bruen's best-selling novel for the film
Mr Monahan picked family-run Italian caf� E Pellicci on Bethnal Green Road to film a lunch meeting between Colin Farrell and Anna Friel's characters.
The popular caf� recently stood in for a Liverpool diner from the 50s for a movie featuring English Patient star Kristin Scott Thomas about the early life of John Lennon called Nowhere Man..
You may also want to watch:
Mr Monahan told the Advertiser: "You will be able to see the interior of the caf� in the film, which is a crime romance and will be coming out next year."
It's the tale of a London criminal newly released from prison who is played by Farrell, who becomes involved with an enigmatic actress.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
Pellicci's was a popular haunt with East End gangsters the Kray Twins who lived just round the corner in Vallance Road.
Mr Monahan won the Oscar in 2007 for his script for The Departed also filmed at the First Choice caf� just a few doors down Bethnal Green Road.