Homeless charity Crisis starts search for 8,000 volunteers for Christmas
THE HUNT is on for 8,000 volunteers to help an East End based charity ensure homeless people in London enjoy a good Christmas. Crisis which is based in Aldgate has run its annual Crisis Open Christmas for the last 38 years offering people food, accommoda
THE HUNT is on for 8,000 volunteers to help an East End based charity ensure homeless people in London enjoy a good Christmas.
Crisis which is based in Aldgate has run its annual Crisis Open Christmas for the last 38 years offering people food, accommodation, medical care, entertainment and company from December 23 to 30.
The charity runs centres for homeless and lonely people across London over the festive season.
It is looking for people with specialist skills such as hairdressing and dentistry as well as people who are willing to help out generally.
You may also want to watch:
Further information about volunteering over Christmas and online application forms are available from http://www.crisis.org.uk/pages/volunteering-at-crisis-christmas-2009.html#
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Leyton Orient have a big summer ahead of them insists director Ling
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'