Homeless East End actors to have film aired on TV
A film performed by East End actors who were once homeless is to air on TV.
Spitalfields-based arts charity Cardboard Citizens has made a short film for the Community Channel’s Untold Stories series.
The charity has the backing of Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet, who turned up for its fundraising gala at Christ Church Spitalfields on March 19.
Every year the group creates a new play about fighting the oppression of homelessness.
Media Trust, which organised the Untold Stories series, pairs small charities with professional filmmakers.
Founder of Cardboard Citizen Adrian Jackson said: “It’s about empowerment, theatrical debate and rehearsing the possibility of change.”
The film airs on April 5 at 6pm.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 6 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing