Homemade crafts to feature in Bow winter market
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Bow mums who set-up their own craft-making business will showcase their produce in a special Winter Market.
Jo Croucher, 38, of Gladstone Place, started Flossiekids a few months ago with her friend Kirsty Kirk, 36, of Anthill Road.
Using vintage and vintage-inspired fabrics, the duo make and sell bags, cushions and scarves for children and will be joined by 21 other local traders selling home-made produce.
Coinciding with the launch of the Roman Road Christmas festivities, the event will take place on Saturday, December 7, at St Paul’s Church, St Stephens Road, from 11am to 4pm.
Mother-of-two Ms Croucher, a former magazine picture editor, got into making crafts while bringing up her young family.
“We fit it in around looking after our children, busily sewing in the evenings and any spare moment we have,” she said. “Since having children we have both become much more involved with the local community. We realised that there are so many creative people in Tower Hamlets that we really needed to showcase that talent, hence the Winter Market.”
Among the homemade goods on offer will be cards, natural skincare, jewellery, jams, chutneys, mince pies and gourmet popcorn.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 6 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 10 Orient have to settle for point against Port Vale
For more information visit the Facebook page on www.facebook.com/Bowwintercraftmarket.