Homemade crafts to feature in Bow winter market
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Bow mums who set-up their own craft-making business will showcase their produce in a special Winter Market.
Jo Croucher, 38, of Gladstone Place, started Flossiekids a few months ago with her friend Kirsty Kirk, 36, of Anthill Road.
Using vintage and vintage-inspired fabrics, the duo make and sell bags, cushions and scarves for children and will be joined by 21 other local traders selling home-made produce.
Coinciding with the launch of the Roman Road Christmas festivities, the event will take place on Saturday, December 7, at St Paul’s Church, St Stephens Road, from 11am to 4pm.
Mother-of-two Ms Croucher, a former magazine picture editor, got into making crafts while bringing up her young family.
You may also want to watch:
“We fit it in around looking after our children, busily sewing in the evenings and any spare moment we have,” she said. “Since having children we have both become much more involved with the local community. We realised that there are so many creative people in Tower Hamlets that we really needed to showcase that talent, hence the Winter Market.”
Among the homemade goods on offer will be cards, natural skincare, jewellery, jams, chutneys, mince pies and gourmet popcorn.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
For more information visit the Facebook page on www.facebook.com/Bowwintercraftmarket.