Homing’ appeal by Battersea cats home
ANIMAL workers are appealing for cat lovers in East London to welcome a homeless feline. The 145 cat pens at Battersea Cats Home are full to bursting with 174 moggies on the housing waiting list’ to come into the shelter
ANIMAL workers are appealing for cat lovers in East London to welcome a homeless feline.
The 145 cat pens at Battersea Cats Home are full to bursting with 174 moggies on the 'housing waiting list' to come into the shelter.
There has been a nine per cent drop in rehoming cats in contrast with the 20 per cent increase in demand for dogs.
The centre's 'cat rehomer' Ros Davies said: "Summer is traditionally a busier time for us because the warmer weather means there are more kittens brought in.
You may also want to watch:
"But the nine per cent drop in rehoming figures has taken us by surprise."
It has left the animal shelter with a large cats and kittens looking for new homes, loke Tabby and Giner (pictured), two kitties looking for loving homes. But there are cats of all ages, from kittens to mature, all colours, all hair length and all personalities.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
The Battersea centre can be contacted by phone on 020-7627 9234.