Homing’ appeal by Battersea cats home
ANIMAL workers are appealing for cat lovers in East London to welcome a homeless feline. The 145 cat pens at Battersea Cats Home are full to bursting with 174 moggies on the housing waiting list’ to come into the shelter
ANIMAL workers are appealing for cat lovers in East London to welcome a homeless feline.
The 145 cat pens at Battersea Cats Home are full to bursting with 174 moggies on the 'housing waiting list' to come into the shelter.
There has been a nine per cent drop in rehoming cats in contrast with the 20 per cent increase in demand for dogs.
The centre's 'cat rehomer' Ros Davies said: "Summer is traditionally a busier time for us because the warmer weather means there are more kittens brought in.
"But the nine per cent drop in rehoming figures has taken us by surprise."
It has left the animal shelter with a large cats and kittens looking for new homes, loke Tabby and Giner (pictured), two kitties looking for loving homes. But there are cats of all ages, from kittens to mature, all colours, all hair length and all personalities.
- 1 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 2 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 3 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 4 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 5 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 6 Riverside park extension above new sewage structures given green light
- 7 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 8 Bow flat fire caused by sunlight on glass bottle
- 9 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 10 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
The Battersea centre can be contacted by phone on 020-7627 9234.