Hospice appeals fro volunteers to help run new facility
HOSPICE volunteers are getting ready to open their new state-of-the-art, multi-purpose centre for East London. The facility at St Joseph’s for those facing the end of life’ has already been used for a civic reception this week
HOSPICE volunteers are getting ready to open their new state-of-the-art, multi-purpose centre for East London.
The facility at St Joseph’s in South Hackney for those facing the end of life’ has already been used for a civic reception for Hackney Council this week (pictured).
It is to have professional advisers, support groups, creative projects and therapists with everything from clinical or legal consultations to aromatherapy sessions when it formally opens in the New Year.
Clinical director Dr Heather Richardson explains: “This facility will help many people who contact us wanting to find out more about issues around dying, to plan support for others who have a terminal illness or are bereaved.”
You may also want to watch:
But the new centre has to rely heavily on volunteers to keep it running. St Joseph’s is appealing for anyone interested to contact its volunteers’ office on 020-8525 6063. They would choose their hours and there is help with travel expenses.
St Joseph’s is also holding volunteer events on January 28 and February 4.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 9 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone
- 10 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing