Hospice appeals fro volunteers to help run new facility
HOSPICE volunteers are getting ready to open their new state-of-the-art, multi-purpose centre for East London. The facility at St Joseph’s for those facing the end of life’ has already been used for a civic reception this week
HOSPICE volunteers are getting ready to open their new state-of-the-art, multi-purpose centre for East London.
The facility at St Joseph’s in South Hackney for those facing the end of life’ has already been used for a civic reception for Hackney Council this week (pictured).
It is to have professional advisers, support groups, creative projects and therapists with everything from clinical or legal consultations to aromatherapy sessions when it formally opens in the New Year.
Clinical director Dr Heather Richardson explains: “This facility will help many people who contact us wanting to find out more about issues around dying, to plan support for others who have a terminal illness or are bereaved.”
You may also want to watch:
But the new centre has to rely heavily on volunteers to keep it running. St Joseph’s is appealing for anyone interested to contact its volunteers’ office on 020-8525 6063. They would choose their hours and there is help with travel expenses.
St Joseph’s is also holding volunteer events on January 28 and February 4.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road