Twenty people flee after fire breaks out at Poplar hostel
- Credit: Archant
Twenty people escaped uninjured after a fire broke out at a hostel in Poplar.
Four fire engines and about 25 firefighters were on the scene in Canton Street yesterday afternoon, Monday, August 12.
The fire damaged part of a room on the first floor.
London Fire Brigade says 20 people left the building before crews arrived and there were no reports of any injuries.
The brigade was called at 4.47pm and the fire was under control by 5.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Millwall, Shadwell, Dockhead and East Greenwich fire stations attended.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip