Hotel chain promises new jobs and major investment in Bethnal Green
An international hotel chain is promising to create 30 jobs in Bethnal Green and bring £2million each year into the local economy when it builds a new site in the area later this year.
The budget hotel firm Travelodge announced the £11m investment on Monday, and calculated their guests’ spending figures by combining average occupancy numbers with a projected local spend of £36 per guest.
The 131-room hotel will be built in Cambridge Heath Road, and will be located next to comedian Lee Hurst’s FymFyg Comedy Club, which has been temporarily closed because of the building works.
It will be one of the first hotels to feature a new room design that was created with the help of suggestions from former Travelodge guests, and will feature a king-size bed and blue décor because customers said they found the colour restful.
The hotel is part of the company’s major expansion plan for 2013 that will see a total of 12 new venues opening across the UK along with two in Spain.
You may also want to watch:
Travelodge’s chief executive officer, Grant Hearn, said: “Now that we have a solid financial foundation in place, this year, the Travelodge brand will benefit from a £223 million investment. This capital expenditure will help us to grow our business in locations such as London, strengthen our product offering and make Travelodge the best value hotel chain in the UK.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse