Hotline for East End’s Big Freeze’ potholes
TOWN Hall bosses have pledged to fix potholes in London’s East End caused by last week’s Big Freeze. Serious holes “will be dealt with quickly,” Tower Hamlets council promised last night. They’ve even set up a pothole hotline.
TOWN Hall bosses have pledged to fix potholes in London’s East End caused by last week’s Big Freeze.
Serious holes “will be dealt with quickly,” Tower Hamlets council promised last night. They’ve even set up a pothole hotline.’
But the rest will have to wait till winter is done.
“Any serious problems will be repaired immediately,” said the authority’s cabinet member for environment Abdal Ullah.
You may also want to watch:
“Council officers will be out on the streets as soon as the winter is over, inspecting every road for potholes and repairing any damage.”
The Arctic conditions caused damage to roads across the country. Water in surface cracks froze and expanded as temperatures plummeted to the lowest in Britain for 30 years, causing surfaces to break up.
Potholes in side streets in the East End can be reported on the Tower Hamlets website, or the Town Hall’s own pothole hotline on 020-7364 5004, while cracks on main roads can be reported to Transport for London on 0845-305 1234.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 9 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 10 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family