Hotline for East End’s Big Freeze’ potholes
TOWN Hall bosses have pledged to fix potholes in London’s East End caused by last week’s Big Freeze. Serious holes “will be dealt with quickly,” Tower Hamlets council promised last night. They’ve even set up a pothole hotline.
TOWN Hall bosses have pledged to fix potholes in London’s East End caused by last week’s Big Freeze.
Serious holes “will be dealt with quickly,” Tower Hamlets council promised last night. They’ve even set up a pothole hotline.’
But the rest will have to wait till winter is done.
“Any serious problems will be repaired immediately,” said the authority’s cabinet member for environment Abdal Ullah.
You may also want to watch:
“Council officers will be out on the streets as soon as the winter is over, inspecting every road for potholes and repairing any damage.”
The Arctic conditions caused damage to roads across the country. Water in surface cracks froze and expanded as temperatures plummeted to the lowest in Britain for 30 years, causing surfaces to break up.
Potholes in side streets in the East End can be reported on the Tower Hamlets website, or the Town Hall’s own pothole hotline on 020-7364 5004, while cracks on main roads can be reported to Transport for London on 0845-305 1234.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges