Commercial Road flat damaged in Whitechapel blaze
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
A flat fire broke out in Whitechapel early this morning (November 24), with one person suffering from smoke inhalation.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) said four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a flat fire on Commercial Road this morning.
The Brigade was called at 4.49am and the fire was under control by 6.10am.
Part of a one-room flat on the fourth floor of the building was damaged by fire. One person was treated on scene by London Ambulance Service crews after suffering from smoke inhalation.
Fire crews from Whitechapel, Shadwell, Shoreditch, Bethnal Green and Dowgate fire stations attended the scene.
The Brigade said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 7 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 8 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 9 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences