Hundreds expected to attend Remembrance Day services in Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to attend Remembrance Day services across Tower Hamlets this morning to pay their respects to those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in war.
The main service will be at Trinity Square Gardens in Tower Hill, along with several processions and ceremonies around the borough.
Click on the Remembrance Day panel on the home page for more features about Remembrance Day in the borough, as well as video, galleries and a five-minute guide to tracing your First World War relatives.
The East London Advertiser will have reporters and photographers at services across the borough but we need your pictures too. The best ones will feature on our websites and in our print editions.
Check back later for coverage of today’s events.
You may also want to watch:
Where the services will take place:
Trinity Square, Tower Hill. Cadet detachment and Royal Navy and Guard of Honour march at 10.45am into the sunken gardens. Ceremony at 10.55am with wreath-laying and two minutes silence at 11am.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park’s war memorial, near Southern Grove main gate. Service at 10.45am and ceremony at 10.55am.
St George in the East church, Cannon Street Road, Shadwell, Service at 10.15am then ceremony at memorial in church gardens.
St Anne’s Church, Limehouse, Three Colt Street, Limehouse, Service at 10.30am, followed at 11am by war memorial wreath laying with officers and crew from HMS Tyne, minesweeper arriving on a visit to London.
HMS Belfast moored by Tower Bridge. Service aboard ship at 10.30am – naval attachés from Commonwealth high commissions and foreign embassies are present, with Sea Cadets from HMS President, based near Wapping.
St John on Bethnal Green Church, 200 Cambridge Heath Road. Mass at 10am, followed at 10.50am by procession to Bethnal Green Gardens war memorial for wreath-laying and two minutes silence at 11am.