Hundreds of trees to be planted in East London
HUNDREDS of trees could soon be appearing on the streets of East London. The scrapping of the Londoner, a newssheet published by the London Mayor, is helping Boris Johnson fund 10,000 street trees across London. Tower Hamlets is one of 20 boroughs now
HUNDREDS of trees could soon be appearing on the streets of East London.
The scrapping of the Londoner, a newssheet published by the London Mayor, is helping Boris Johnson fund 10,000 street trees across London.
Tower Hamlets is one of 20 boroughs now set to benefit from up to 4,000 new street trees, as part of a second round of planting.
The trees will be planted in Tower Hamlets between November and spring next year.
You may also want to watch:
Financial grants are now being offered to organisations to plant the trees. The trees can be planted by boroughs, community groups or charities, who will speak to people who registered an interest online in having a tree in their street to assess the suitability of the location.
Details on how to bid for street tree funding can be found on www.ltwgs.org
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family