Hunt for East End’s 48 fastest kids for London’s Mini Marathon
TRIALS take place next week to find the 48 fastest kids in London’s East End. They’re being held at Victoria Park where sports officials are making selections for the squad to represent Tower Hamlets in April’s London Mini Marathon
TRIALS take place next week to find the 48 fastest kids in London’s East End.
They’re being held at Victoria Park where sports officials are making selections for the squad to represent Tower Hamlets in April’s London Mini Marathon.
The Mini Marathon, which is on the same day as the London Marathon, is run over the last three miles of the route from Lower Thames Street in The City through Westminster to The Mall, finishing by Buckingham Palace.
Pupils from 11 to 17 who live or study in Tower Hamlets can take part in Thursday’s trials (Feb 11) at Victoria Park Harriers clubhouse in Cadogan Terrace, at the Hackney Wick end of the park.
You may also want to watch:
There are three heats, 1pm for 11-to-12 age group, 1.30pm for 13–14s and 2pm for 15–17s. Fastest boys and girls in each go through for six weeks’ training at Mile End Stadium on Tuesday evenings up to Marathon Day, when they run against kids from the other 32 London boroughs.
The Mini Marathon’s chosen charity is Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, but the youngsters can choose their own charity or just run for fun.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 6 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 10 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
Application forms can be requested from Tower Hamlets sports development officer Shenneth Brereton, on 020-7364 2437 or 07956-456725.