Hunt for East End’s 48 fastest kids for London’s Mini Marathon
TRIALS take place next week to find the 48 fastest kids in London’s East End. They’re being held at Victoria Park where sports officials are making selections for the squad to represent Tower Hamlets in April’s London Mini Marathon
TRIALS take place next week to find the 48 fastest kids in London’s East End.
They’re being held at Victoria Park where sports officials are making selections for the squad to represent Tower Hamlets in April’s London Mini Marathon.
The Mini Marathon, which is on the same day as the London Marathon, is run over the last three miles of the route from Lower Thames Street in The City through Westminster to The Mall, finishing by Buckingham Palace.
Pupils from 11 to 17 who live or study in Tower Hamlets can take part in Thursday’s trials (Feb 11) at Victoria Park Harriers clubhouse in Cadogan Terrace, at the Hackney Wick end of the park.
You may also want to watch:
There are three heats, 1pm for 11-to-12 age group, 1.30pm for 13–14s and 2pm for 15–17s. Fastest boys and girls in each go through for six weeks’ training at Mile End Stadium on Tuesday evenings up to Marathon Day, when they run against kids from the other 32 London boroughs.
The Mini Marathon’s chosen charity is Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, but the youngsters can choose their own charity or just run for fun.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Application forms can be requested from Tower Hamlets sports development officer Shenneth Brereton, on 020-7364 2437 or 07956-456725.