Hunt for hit-run driver three months after student dies
TRAFFIC investigators are renewing witness appeals this week for teenage student Mohammed Bhurya who died in hospital after a night-time hit-and-run accident on a pedestrian crossing in East London. They are still trying to trace the driver three months later
TRAFFIC investigators are renewing witness appeals this week for teenage student Mohammed Bhurya who died in hospital after a hit-and-run accident on a pedestrian crossing in East London.
They are still trying to trace the driver three months later.
Mohammed died at the Royal London in Whitechapel at 1am on April 7-less than an hour after the accident in East Ham.
He was crossing High Street North, near the corner of Halley Road, when he was hit. But the continued on towards Romford Road.
You may also want to watch:
Mohammed, a 19-year-old Pakistani national living in Forest Gate who was studying in Britain, died from injuries to the leg and pelvis.
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to contact investigators on 020-8597 4874, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse