Hunt for hit-run driver three months after student dies
TRAFFIC investigators are renewing witness appeals this week for teenage student Mohammed Bhurya who died in hospital after a night-time hit-and-run accident on a pedestrian crossing in East London. They are still trying to trace the driver three months later
TRAFFIC investigators are renewing witness appeals this week for teenage student Mohammed Bhurya who died in hospital after a hit-and-run accident on a pedestrian crossing in East London.
They are still trying to trace the driver three months later.
Mohammed died at the Royal London in Whitechapel at 1am on April 7-less than an hour after the accident in East Ham.
He was crossing High Street North, near the corner of Halley Road, when he was hit. But the continued on towards Romford Road.
You may also want to watch:
Mohammed, a 19-year-old Pakistani national living in Forest Gate who was studying in Britain, died from injuries to the leg and pelvis.
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to contact investigators on 020-8597 4874, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?