Hunt for killer after man found bleeding in street
DETECTIVES have begun a murder hunt in East London after a 64-year-old man was found bleeding from a head wound. Clifford Champion died on Friday night, three days after being found in Westward Road, Chingford, at 3.30am
DETECTIVES have begun a murder hunt in East London after a 64-year-old man was found bleeding to death in the street.
He has been identified as Clifford Champion, who died on Friday night (February 27).
A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Sunday gave cause of death as head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Champion was found bleeding at 3.30am on the pavement in Westward Road, Chingford, last Tuesday (February 24). He had been on his way back to his home in nearby Churchill Terrace after going to an all-night petrol-station in Chingford Mount Road to buy cigarettes.
He was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in a life-threatening condition, but died three days later.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Det Chief Ins Mick Broster said: “We have yet to establish any motive for this attack.”
He is appealing for anyone who was in the petrol station in Chingford Mount Road or in Westward Road that night, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 3865, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
A man and a woman have been arrested in connection with the incident and bailed to return pending further enquiries.