Hunt for killer after man found bleeding in street
DETECTIVES have begun a murder hunt in East London after a 64-year-old man was found bleeding from a head wound. Clifford Champion died on Friday night, three days after being found in Westward Road, Chingford, at 3.30am
DETECTIVES have begun a murder hunt in East London after a 64-year-old man was found bleeding to death in the street.
He has been identified as Clifford Champion, who died on Friday night (February 27).
A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Sunday gave cause of death as head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Champion was found bleeding at 3.30am on the pavement in Westward Road, Chingford, last Tuesday (February 24). He had been on his way back to his home in nearby Churchill Terrace after going to an all-night petrol-station in Chingford Mount Road to buy cigarettes.
He was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in a life-threatening condition, but died three days later.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
Det Chief Ins Mick Broster said: “We have yet to establish any motive for this attack.”
He is appealing for anyone who was in the petrol station in Chingford Mount Road or in Westward Road that night, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 3865, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
A man and a woman have been arrested in connection with the incident and bailed to return pending further enquiries.