Hunt for killer after man found bleeding in street
DETECTIVES have begun a murder hunt in East London after a 64-year-old man was found bleeding from a head wound. Clifford Champion died on Friday night, three days after being found in Westward Road, Chingford, at 3.30am
DETECTIVES have begun a murder hunt in East London after a 64-year-old man was found bleeding to death in the street.
He has been identified as Clifford Champion, who died on Friday night (February 27).
A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Sunday gave cause of death as head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Champion was found bleeding at 3.30am on the pavement in Westward Road, Chingford, last Tuesday (February 24). He had been on his way back to his home in nearby Churchill Terrace after going to an all-night petrol-station in Chingford Mount Road to buy cigarettes.
He was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in a life-threatening condition, but died three days later.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Leyton Orient have a big summer ahead of them insists director Ling
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Det Chief Ins Mick Broster said: “We have yet to establish any motive for this attack.”
He is appealing for anyone who was in the petrol station in Chingford Mount Road or in Westward Road that night, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 3865, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
A man and a woman have been arrested in connection with the incident and bailed to return pending further enquiries.