Hunt for killers after man found stabbed to death in East London
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a murder in East London late Sunday night. Police were called at 10.25pm when a man was stabbed to death outside The Captain fish and chip shop at Walthamstow
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a murder in East London late Sunday night.
Police were called at 10.25pm when a man was stabbed outside The Captain fish and chip shop at Walthamstow High Street, by Cleveland Park Avenue. The man died at the scene.
A post-mortem examination is due at 10am this morning (Tuesday).
Detectives are still trying to establish what happed and retain an open mind about motive, Scotland Yard said last night.
They also still haven’t yet been able to identify him. He is described as black, aged late 20s to early 30s, who was wearing blue jeans, a white T-shirt and black puffer jacket.
Two men were seen to run from the area shortly after the stabbing, towards Walthamstow station.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 7 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 8 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
Witnesses or anyone with information which could lead to his identification are being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 1570, or anonymously to call Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.