Hunt for killers after man found stabbed to death in East London
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a murder in East London late Sunday night. Police were called at 10.25pm when a man was stabbed to death outside The Captain fish and chip shop at Walthamstow
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a murder in East London late Sunday night.
Police were called at 10.25pm when a man was stabbed outside The Captain fish and chip shop at Walthamstow High Street, by Cleveland Park Avenue. The man died at the scene.
A post-mortem examination is due at 10am this morning (Tuesday).
Detectives are still trying to establish what happed and retain an open mind about motive, Scotland Yard said last night.
You may also want to watch:
They also still haven’t yet been able to identify him. He is described as black, aged late 20s to early 30s, who was wearing blue jeans, a white T-shirt and black puffer jacket.
Two men were seen to run from the area shortly after the stabbing, towards Walthamstow station.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
Witnesses or anyone with information which could lead to his identification are being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 1570, or anonymously to call Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.