Hunt for killers after man found stabbed to death in East London
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a murder in East London late Sunday night. Police were called at 10.25pm when a man was stabbed to death outside The Captain fish and chip shop at Walthamstow
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a murder in East London late Sunday night.
Police were called at 10.25pm when a man was stabbed outside The Captain fish and chip shop at Walthamstow High Street, by Cleveland Park Avenue. The man died at the scene.
A post-mortem examination is due at 10am this morning (Tuesday).
Detectives are still trying to establish what happed and retain an open mind about motive, Scotland Yard said last night.
You may also want to watch:
They also still haven’t yet been able to identify him. He is described as black, aged late 20s to early 30s, who was wearing blue jeans, a white T-shirt and black puffer jacket.
Two men were seen to run from the area shortly after the stabbing, towards Walthamstow station.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 7 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Witnesses or anyone with information which could lead to his identification are being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 1570, or anonymously to call Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.