Hunt for killers after man found stabbed to death in East London
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a murder in East London late Sunday night. Police were called at 10.25pm when a man was stabbed to death outside The Captain fish and chip shop at Walthamstow
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a murder in East London late Sunday night.
Police were called at 10.25pm when a man was stabbed outside The Captain fish and chip shop at Walthamstow High Street, by Cleveland Park Avenue. The man died at the scene.
A post-mortem examination is due at 10am this morning (Tuesday).
Detectives are still trying to establish what happed and retain an open mind about motive, Scotland Yard said last night.
They also still haven’t yet been able to identify him. He is described as black, aged late 20s to early 30s, who was wearing blue jeans, a white T-shirt and black puffer jacket.
Two men were seen to run from the area shortly after the stabbing, towards Walthamstow station.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
Witnesses or anyone with information which could lead to his identification are being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 1570, or anonymously to call Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.