Hunt for knife suspect after robbery at DLR at Langdon Park station
- Credit: MPS
Detectives have released CCTV footage this-morning of a man they have been trying to trace for three months following a 71-year-old man robbed at knifepoint late at night in London’s East End.
A pensioner was held up at a cashpoint by a man armed with a knife as he left Langdon Park DLR station in Poplar at 11pm on December 9.
He was threatened with a small knife and forced to hand over the cash.
But CCTV at the station caught the suspect, it has since emerged.
“The pensioner was shaken from his ordeal,” Det Con Ryan Smith said. “We want to identify the man on the CCTV to question him about the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
The man detective are looking for is white, in his 30s, with short brown hair, who was wearing a blue hooded top with red stripes on the sleeves, blue jeans and trainers.
Police are also appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to call Tower Hamlets CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800- 555111, reference 238941. No arrests have been made.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park