Hunt for operator to run Olympic water taxis is on
THE search is on to find an operator to run a boat service between Limehouse and the Olympic Park. British Waterways and the London Thames Gateway Development Corporation have launched their search for an operator to run a new commercial boating base at L
THE search is on to find an operator to run a boat service between Limehouse and the Olympic Park.
British Waterways and the London Thames Gateway Development Corporation have launched their search for an operator to run a new commercial boating base at Limehouse Basin, which will include a waterbus service to the Olympic Park.
The project is part of the leisure and regeneration plans for Limehouse Basin and the Lower Lea Valley and the vision for the Limehouse Quay scheme includes moorings for restaurant barges, community boats and Thames sailing charters as well as waterside businesses.
Mark Blackwell, Business Development Manager, British Waterways said: "We are looking for an operator who can help us turn Limehouse Quay into a leisure destination that's got colour and character.
You may also want to watch:
"It's perfectly located with its own DLR station and a direct waterway route to the Olympic Park."
Limehouse Basin is at the start of a waterway route to Old Ford Locks on the River Lee Navigation, where visitors will be able to access the Greenway and the western spectator entrance to the Olympic Park. The route will also take in Three Mills Island, Bromley-by-Bow, which is home to the world's oldest standing tidal mill.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto