Hunt for rapist who attacked woman in Victoria Park earlier today
- Credit: MPS
Detectives are hunting a rapist who struck in the very early hours of today at Victoria Park in east London.
They are appealling for witnesses after a 24-year-old woman was attacked soon after midnight while walking through the park in Grove Road, between Bethnal Green and South Hackney.
The woman had spent the evening with friends and was walking home along Grove Road when she was grabbed by a man demanding cash.
The man then dragged her into bushes where the rape took place. His vitim later raised the alarm.
The attacker was white, in his thirties, around 5ft 8in tall, wearing a grey hooded top with a black body warmer, blue jeans and grey trainers. He is said to have had a London accent.
Detectives from the Met’s Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Abuse Command are appealing for witnesses who were in Grove Road or Victoria Park round about midnight or after or anyone with information to contact the investigating team on 020-8733 5999, the police on 101, by tweeting @MetCC, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111 or Crimestoppers online.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests, Scotland Yard said this-eveing, but investigations continue.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests