Hunt for Tube train sex pervert after woman is molested
POLICE are hunting a sex pervert who molested a woman passenger while she was asleep on an Underground train in East London. The 23-year-old woman was travelling late at night on the Central Line and woke at Leyton to find she was being touched indecently by a man next to her
POLICE are hunting a sex pervert who molested a woman passenger while she was asleep on an Underground train in East London.
The 23-year-old woman was travelling late at night on the Central Line from the West End and woke at Leyton to find she was being touched indecently by a man next to her.
She hurriedly left the train, but realised the man was following and jumped back on and asked for help from passengers in the next carriage.
The man left the train at the next stop, Leytonstone, but may have boarded another carriage.
You may also want to watch:
“Nobody should be subjected to this type of disgusting behaviour,” said Det Sgt Maggie Storey.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 8 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 9 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
“We are keen to speak to a man who helped the woman and got off at Leytonstone and a couple who got off at Snaresbrook.”
The suspect was white, 5ft 8in to 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, in his early to mid-30s and with short brown hair who spoke with an East European accent.
Passengers who were on the train from Tottenham Court Road to South Woodford between 12.25am and 12.45am on March 24 are being asked to call 0800-405040 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.