I am devastated at temple fire where our holy scripture is kept
Dear Ed, I WAS devastated as a member of the Sikh community in London to hear that there had been a fire in a gurdwara in Bow. I was shocked and confused to hear that this was in the place where our holy scripture is kept. How could anyone attempt to start a fire in a place of worship?
I WAS devastated as a member of the Sikh community in London to hear that there had been a fire in a gurdwara in Bow. I was shocked and confused to hear that this was in the place where our holy scripture, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, is kept.
How could this happen? How could anyone attempt to start a fire in a place of worship? Why in a place of worship?
Our history has many examples of martyrs who have given their lives for defence of human rights, justice, truth and equality and the right to practice one's faith without discrimination.
You may also want to watch:
We have struggled with oppression, injustice and inequality. One event a few years ago was the Indian government's policy over our holy shrine, the Golden Temple in Amritsar in 1984.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is treated as a living spiritual guide for Sikhs who show respect, faith and request guidance during their lives. The fact that this may have been an attempt to attack the very essence of our spirit brings great sadness.
I hope the East London Advertiser can understand and help to highlight our very great sadness at Monday afternoon's fire to all peoples.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
- 10 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet