‘I’d love to see us get Portsmouth away’
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Leyton Orient fan Jacob Ranson discusses the O’s Capital One Cup draw and previews the release for the new League Two fixtures
You can look on the bad side of things at Leyton Orient or you can remain positive like me.
We have drawn a Championship side in the first round of the cup, Milton Keynes Dons, which for a League Two team is a brilliant draw, plus tomorrow (Wednesday) the fixtures are being announced.
If you look down the League Two teams, you could think one or two things, there are not many nice grounds to go too or you could think this league is predominately in the south.
The fixtures list for me is going to be hoping for good away days to grounds nearby like Dagenham & Redbridge, Barnet and Luton Town, which could really raise the away atmosphere with so many games that close.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a shame Southend United had to beat Wycombe Wanderers on penalties, as that could of made for another great rivalry in League Two, but more importantly it would be nice to get a few mixed fixtures to start off.
I’d love to see us get Portsmouth as the first away game of the campaign, as going to the seaside town when the sun is still out would be great, but would also be a good challenge to start us off.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
I think the first few games will set the tone for the season and hopefully we get some more new faces or some of the players out of contract come back to bring some depth into the team.
There is a lot of expectation for Orient to jump straight back up to League One and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t expecting the same.
With the likes of Dean Cox, Romain Vincelot, Jay Simpson, Lloyd James, Mathieu Baudry, Darius Henderson and Jobi McAnuff in the line-up, I think it would be very disappointing for them calibre of players to not be up come the end of the season.