I raise a glass to Canada for banning Galloway!
Dear Ed, I RAISE a glass to the good people of Canada who possess the temerity to refuse entrance to MP George Galloway. I salute the Canadian government for having the foresight to see Galloway in the same light as the population of the real world
I MUST raise a glass to the good people of Canada who possess the temerity to refuse entrance to MP George Galloway.
The Immigration Ministry's spokesman worded it perfectly: "We're going to uphold the law, not give special treatment to this infamous street-corner Cromwell who brags about giving 'financial support' to Hamas, a terrorist organisation banned in Canada.
"I am sure Galloway has friends in regimes elsewhere in the world willing to roll out the red carpet for him. Canada, however, won't be one of them."
I salute the Canadian government for having the foresight to see Galloway in the same light as the population of the real world.
Galloway found a fire engine for Hamas which he took to Gaza, but failed miserably the people of his constituency in Bethnal Green & Bow who lost their second fire engine (and crews) in the cuts of 2005. God bless Canada.
- 1 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 2 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
- 5 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 7 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 8 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 9 Roman Road shop blaze 'believed to be accidental'
- 10 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
Lilley Close, Wapping