I took day off for workmen—who didn’t turn up!
Dear Ed, I made an appointment for the next day at 9am and took my day off work, but no-ne turned up. By 12.20pm they told me no-one was coming today!
CONTRACTORS are carrying out refurbishment our Exmouth Estate in Stepney. They came to my flat on April 13 to say they needed access to carry out cabling for TV and door entry system. I asked if it was possible at the weekend as I work weekdays, but was told they don’t work then.
So I made an appointment for the next day at 9am and took my day off work. I waited and around 9.20am called their office to say no-one had turned up yet. They said someone should be here within 10 to 15 minutes. I called again an hour later and was assured they were on the way.
Fair enough, but no-one turned up. I called again over an hour later and spoke to the site manager who confirmed they were on the way and should be here in any minute.
You may also want to watch:
Finally around 12.20pm I called again and lost my patience. They told me no-one was coming today!
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
Exmouth Market, Stepney