Items from Iceland and Mothercare recalled due to safety concerns
- Credit: Antony Kelly
A chicken curry from Iceland and a set of pyjamas from Mothercare are among several items that companies have recalled due to safety concerns.
Trading Standards has issued warnings about several items which should be returned to the retailer for a full refund.
Smiggle, a children's school and leisure items brand, has asked customers to return a range of "character slapband watches" after it was found the product poses a chocking and chemical risk.
The button battery compartment of the watch, in line 444313, may not be correctly secured and the battery could become accessible.
Button batteries can cause fatal injuries if swallowed and it could also cause choking.
Customers should stop using the product and return it to Smiggle for a refund.
Mothercare has asked customers to return a set of festive pyjamas at their earliest convenience due to the clothing presenting a choking hazard.
- 1 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 4 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 5 Roman Road shop blaze 'believed to be accidental'
- 6 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 7 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
- 8 Police appeal to identify man in investigation into Subway robbery
- 9 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
The Santa pyjama sets and snowman top have pom-poms attached that could become detached when pulled.
Mothercare has decided to recall all sizes on the affected products as a precaution.
Customers who purchased any of these items between September 1, 2021 and February 22, 2022 are asked to return them to a Boots store for a refund.
Flying Tiger, the Danish variety store chain, has urged customers to return two European wall adaptor models to its stores after it was found there was a risk of electric shocks.
The plastic surrounding the adaptors can, in rare cases, get soft and expose internal wiring - causing electric shocks.
It has said customers should stop using the product immediately and return it to their nearest Flying Tiger store.
To see if you have one of these specific chargers, check for either "model number: 3024900" or "model number: 3024901" printed directly on the charger.
Iceland has recalled its Takeaway Chicken Bhuna (frozen) because it contains milk, which is not declared on the label.
A packaging error has meant that some packs contain its Takeaway Creamy Butter Chicken instead.
This means the product contains a risk to those with milk or dairy allergies or intolerances.
Customers can return the product to the store they bought it from for a full refund.
Pack size: 375 g
Batch code: L22026
Best-before date: January 26 2024