Iceland trolley day contest winner scoops �120 of goodies
IT was all grab and go’ as a competition winner loaded his trolley to the brim at an East End supermarket. But Leslie Hutchinson and his son Colin went down the Iceland aisles in Roman Road after Leslie had won a two-minute trolley dash’
By Else Kvist
IT was all 'grab and go' as a competition winner could load his trolley to the brim at an East End supermarket.
But Leslie Hutchinson, 68, who suffers from heart problems, got his son Colin, 42, to run down the Iceland aisles on Bow's Roman Road, on Saturday morning before the store opened. As a bonus card holder Leslie had been picked as the winner of a two minute 'trolley dash'.
Instead Leslie, together with staff, shouted "Come on! Come on!" as Leslie whizzed down the aisles.
You may also want to watch:
Leslie, a retired builder, said: "Colin did alright. It was good fun. You have to lift the lids of the freezers, so you haven't got time to think about what you want. Colin grabbed quite a few things for a barbeque party he was having at his home in Essex."
Leslie, who lives with his wife June in Hackney, ended up with �123 worth of goods, which he shared with Colin. They were also given a pack of vodka drinks as a compliment.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant