Iceland trolley day contest winner scoops �120 of goodies
IT was all grab and go’ as a competition winner loaded his trolley to the brim at an East End supermarket. But Leslie Hutchinson and his son Colin went down the Iceland aisles in Roman Road after Leslie had won a two-minute trolley dash’
By Else Kvist
IT was all 'grab and go' as a competition winner could load his trolley to the brim at an East End supermarket.
But Leslie Hutchinson, 68, who suffers from heart problems, got his son Colin, 42, to run down the Iceland aisles on Bow's Roman Road, on Saturday morning before the store opened. As a bonus card holder Leslie had been picked as the winner of a two minute 'trolley dash'.
Instead Leslie, together with staff, shouted "Come on! Come on!" as Leslie whizzed down the aisles.
You may also want to watch:
Leslie, a retired builder, said: "Colin did alright. It was good fun. You have to lift the lids of the freezers, so you haven't got time to think about what you want. Colin grabbed quite a few things for a barbeque party he was having at his home in Essex."
Leslie, who lives with his wife June in Hackney, ended up with �123 worth of goods, which he shared with Colin. They were also given a pack of vodka drinks as a compliment.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns