Iftar meal to feed 1,000 homeless guests in Whitechapel
THERE S a call for more helpers to dish up meals to 1,000 homeless Londoners at a meal in Whitechapel on Friday. Baroness Pola Uddin will be helping out together with Apprentice star Tre Azzam at the feast at Altab Ali Park which is part of a plan to o
THERE'S a call for more helpers to dish up meals to 1,000 homeless Londoners at a meal in Whitechapel on Friday.
Baroness Pola Uddin will be helping out together with Apprentice star Tre Azzam at the feast at Altab Ali Park which is part of a plan to offer meals to 10,000 people across ten countries.
The meal has been organised by the If charity to get people offering Iftar meals, which break the fast at sundown during Ramadan, to needy people throughout the world.
Guests have been invited through Thames Reach, the Whitechapel Mission, Hope Town, Look Ahead Aldgate, the Salvation Army and Providence Row.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers should contact 020 8 963 9266.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided