Images of East End women on display in Mile End
PHOTOS taken of East Enders women by young snappers are on display at an event celebrating International Women s Day. Photographers between 14 and 26 were set a challenge to photograph East End women for a competition coinciding with the 101 Internati
PHOTOS taken of East Enders women by young snappers are on display at an event celebrating International Women's Day.
Photographers between 14 and 26 were set a challenge to photograph East End women for a competition coinciding with the 101 International Women's Day.
Guests at the launch voted for the winners - 'Mash' for A Grandmother's Love, Annisa Hussein in second place and Mohammed Javed Ali for A Bouquet of Hope in third place.
The show organised by the Limehouse Project is at the Mile End Arts Pavilion off Grove Road and is open from 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday and until 6pm on Saturday and runs until Friday March 19.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free and viewers can see the 35 shortlisted photos which are on display at the pavilion.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?