Images of East End women on display in Mile End
PHOTOS taken of East Enders women by young snappers are on display at an event celebrating International Women s Day. Photographers between 14 and 26 were set a challenge to photograph East End women for a competition coinciding with the 101 Internati
PHOTOS taken of East Enders women by young snappers are on display at an event celebrating International Women's Day.
Photographers between 14 and 26 were set a challenge to photograph East End women for a competition coinciding with the 101 International Women's Day.
Guests at the launch voted for the winners - 'Mash' for A Grandmother's Love, Annisa Hussein in second place and Mohammed Javed Ali for A Bouquet of Hope in third place.
The show organised by the Limehouse Project is at the Mile End Arts Pavilion off Grove Road and is open from 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday and until 6pm on Saturday and runs until Friday March 19.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free and viewers can see the 35 shortlisted photos which are on display at the pavilion.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 8 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 9 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 10 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson