Images of East End women on display in Mile End
PHOTOS taken of East Enders women by young snappers are on display at an event celebrating International Women s Day. Photographers between 14 and 26 were set a challenge to photograph East End women for a competition coinciding with the 101 Internati
PHOTOS taken of East Enders women by young snappers are on display at an event celebrating International Women's Day.
Photographers between 14 and 26 were set a challenge to photograph East End women for a competition coinciding with the 101 International Women's Day.
Guests at the launch voted for the winners - 'Mash' for A Grandmother's Love, Annisa Hussein in second place and Mohammed Javed Ali for A Bouquet of Hope in third place.
The show organised by the Limehouse Project is at the Mile End Arts Pavilion off Grove Road and is open from 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday and until 6pm on Saturday and runs until Friday March 19.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free and viewers can see the 35 shortlisted photos which are on display at the pavilion.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election