Images of East End women on display in Mile End
PHOTOS taken of East Enders women by young snappers are on display at an event celebrating International Women s Day. Photographers between 14 and 26 were set a challenge to photograph East End women for a competition coinciding with the 101 Internati
PHOTOS taken of East Enders women by young snappers are on display at an event celebrating International Women's Day.
Photographers between 14 and 26 were set a challenge to photograph East End women for a competition coinciding with the 101 International Women's Day.
Guests at the launch voted for the winners - 'Mash' for A Grandmother's Love, Annisa Hussein in second place and Mohammed Javed Ali for A Bouquet of Hope in third place.
The show organised by the Limehouse Project is at the Mile End Arts Pavilion off Grove Road and is open from 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday and until 6pm on Saturday and runs until Friday March 19.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free and viewers can see the 35 shortlisted photos which are on display at the pavilion.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man