Giant blow-up breasts appear in Shoreditch on Mother’s Day
- Credit: Tom Nicholson
Giant inflatable breasts have been spotted on top of several Shoreditch rooftops. Yes, really.
Five blow-up boobs of different sizes and skin tones appeared around east London on Sunday, Mother’s Day.
They’ll tower over Village Underground, The Old Truman Brewery, Huntingdon Industrial Estate and Columbia Road until the end of today (Tuesday), media reports suggest.
The inflatables are not an early April Fool’s prank, but a publicity campaign for breast pump manufacturer, Elvie.
“We know the giant boobs will raise a few eyebrows, but we want to make sure no one overlooks the way that this stigma has been used to repress women,” said the firm’s CEO Tania Boler.
You may also want to watch:
The marketing stunt forms part of the firm’s #FreeTheFeed campaign, which aims to help British women feel comfortable breastfeeding in public.
“Every woman has the right to decide how and where they feed their children without feeling guilty or embarrassed about their parenting choices,” read a company statement.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week