Giant blow-up breasts appear in Shoreditch on Mother’s Day
- Credit: Tom Nicholson
Giant inflatable breasts have been spotted on top of several Shoreditch rooftops. Yes, really.
Five blow-up boobs of different sizes and skin tones appeared around east London on Sunday, Mother’s Day.
They’ll tower over Village Underground, The Old Truman Brewery, Huntingdon Industrial Estate and Columbia Road until the end of today (Tuesday), media reports suggest.
The inflatables are not an early April Fool’s prank, but a publicity campaign for breast pump manufacturer, Elvie.
“We know the giant boobs will raise a few eyebrows, but we want to make sure no one overlooks the way that this stigma has been used to repress women,” said the firm’s CEO Tania Boler.
You may also want to watch:
The marketing stunt forms part of the firm’s #FreeTheFeed campaign, which aims to help British women feel comfortable breastfeeding in public.
“Every woman has the right to decide how and where they feed their children without feeling guilty or embarrassed about their parenting choices,” read a company statement.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing