Injury update on West Ham talisman Scott Parker
Hammers midfielder trains with team-mates
Scott Parker has today trained with his West Ham team-mates for the first time since suffering an Achilles injury.
The inspirational midfielder has missed the Hammers last four matches and although the east Londoners need a minor miracle to stay up, the improvement in his fitness will be a major boost to boss Avram Grant.
The player did train by himself towards the end of last week and the club will continue to monitor his progress but as yet do not know if he will be fit enough for Sunday’s clash with Wigan at the DW:Stadium.
Matthew Upson is likely to be fit enough for the match but the game does come too soon for Mark Noble.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder underwent a hernia operation last week after suffering the injury at Chelsea, but has begun training on his own and could yet feature this season.
The same can be said about Junior Stanislas who is also training after recovering from a hernia.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Hunt for bogus health worker who gave fake Covid jab to woman of 92
For all the latest West Ham news, views and interviews follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_WestHam