Injury update on West Ham talisman Scott Parker
Hammers midfielder trains with team-mates
Scott Parker has today trained with his West Ham team-mates for the first time since suffering an Achilles injury.
The inspirational midfielder has missed the Hammers last four matches and although the east Londoners need a minor miracle to stay up, the improvement in his fitness will be a major boost to boss Avram Grant.
The player did train by himself towards the end of last week and the club will continue to monitor his progress but as yet do not know if he will be fit enough for Sunday’s clash with Wigan at the DW:Stadium.
Matthew Upson is likely to be fit enough for the match but the game does come too soon for Mark Noble.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder underwent a hernia operation last week after suffering the injury at Chelsea, but has begun training on his own and could yet feature this season.
The same can be said about Junior Stanislas who is also training after recovering from a hernia.
- 1 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Search is on for next Tower Hamlets Freedom of the Borough award recipient
- 8 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 9 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 10 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
For all the latest West Ham news, views and interviews follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_WestHam