Inquest into 70ft death plunge of girl, 16, at Stratford car park
A TEENAGER plunged 70ft to her death from a multi-storey car park in East London. An inquest has opened into Shima Rahman’s death after she fell from the seventh floor of the car park in Stratford early Saturday evening
A TEENAGER plunged 70ft to her death from a multi-storey car park in East London.
An inquest has opened into Shima Rahman's death after she fell from the seventh floor of the car park in Stratford early Saturday evening.
The 16-year-old from Sinclair House in St Stephen's Road in Bow was seen on the roof of the car park at about 5.25pm that day when police were called.
Officers arrived as she fell. Shima was officially declared dead at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitnesses reported seeing a security guard trying to stop her, but this has not been confirmed.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
An inquest was opened at Walthamstow on Wednesday and adjourned to a date to be fixed.
Shima's funeral was held on Wednesday, but the family declined to speak about the tragedy.