Intern found dead in Bethnal Green amid reports of gruelling working hours
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old German banking intern found dead in a flat worked several “all-nighters” in two weeks, according to friends.
A 21-year-old German student found dead in a flat may have worked several “all-nighters” in two weeks, according to reports.
Moritz Erhardt was found at Claredale House, Bethnal Green, on Thursday.
He had been working for global investment Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML) during the summer hoping to start a career with the firm.
He was pronounced dead at the flat complex which is used mainly by interns for City and Docklands banks.
You may also want to watch:
It is not being treated as suspicious but sparked reports he worked late into the night to impress bosses.
Posts on online forums suggested Mr Erhardt was regularly working long hours in the bank’s Canary Wharf office. A post on the wallstreetoasis.com site added: “It is absolutely true – he was found dead in the shower by his flatmate. Intern at BAML who went home at 6am three days in a row.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
A statement from BAML said: “We are shocked and saddened by the news of Moritz Erhardt’s death. He was a popular and a highly diligent intern at our company with a promising future.”