Intern found dead in Bethnal Green amid reports of gruelling working hours
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old German banking intern found dead in a flat worked several “all-nighters” in two weeks, according to friends.
A 21-year-old German student found dead in a flat may have worked several “all-nighters” in two weeks, according to reports.
Moritz Erhardt was found at Claredale House, Bethnal Green, on Thursday.
He had been working for global investment Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML) during the summer hoping to start a career with the firm.
He was pronounced dead at the flat complex which is used mainly by interns for City and Docklands banks.
You may also want to watch:
It is not being treated as suspicious but sparked reports he worked late into the night to impress bosses.
Posts on online forums suggested Mr Erhardt was regularly working long hours in the bank’s Canary Wharf office. A post on the wallstreetoasis.com site added: “It is absolutely true – he was found dead in the shower by his flatmate. Intern at BAML who went home at 6am three days in a row.”
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
A statement from BAML said: “We are shocked and saddened by the news of Moritz Erhardt’s death. He was a popular and a highly diligent intern at our company with a promising future.”