International calls for Orient duo
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Midfielders selected for duty
In-form Leyton Orient midfielders Jobi McAnuff and Ryan Hedges have been called up for international duty.
The duo have been in impressive form for Fabio Liverani’s League One side in recent weeks, with both on target in a 3-0 win over relegation rivals Yeovil at the weekend.
Hedges, who joined the Brisbane Road ranks in January on loan from Premier League side Swansea, has been chosen for the Wales under-21 squad ahead of their European Championships qualifier against Bulgaria.
The Welsh youngsters are managed by former O’s boss Geraint Williams and host their rivals at Cardiff City Stadium on March 31.
You may also want to watch:
Hedges has made 10 appearances for Orient and has two Wales under-21 caps already, playing in draws against Finland Lithuania last autumn.
McAnuff, 33, has been picked by Jamaica for friendlies against Venezuela and Cuba on March 27 and 30.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green