Isle of Dogs couple, circumnavigating Britain in Kayaks, have reached Brighton
A couple who sat off on a four month circumnavigation of Britain in kayaks from Shadwell Basin have reached Brighton.
On the first day of this month husband and wife Natalie Maderova and Michal Madera swapped their flat on Manchester Road, Isle of Dogs, for sleeping near the coastline during their 2,200 mile journey.
Updating the Advertiser from her iphone this week Natalie said: “We’ve accomplished our first part of the journey to Brighton.
“We had some fun around Dover and when passing the south east corner of Britain, the Dungeness point.
“So far the conditions were fine, only occasionally we had rougher sea and waves, but most of the time the sea was slight and the wind friendly.
You may also want to watch:
“Today (Monday, April 10) there is high wind so we are taking a rest here in Brighton. Our next stretch is to Cornwall.”
The trip is raising money for Shadwell Basin Outdoor Activity Centre and two-yer old Joshua Haroon from Bow born with brain damage.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Visit www.homeseahome.com for their travel blog.