Isle of Dogs housewife completes £25,000 makeover
- Credit: Archant
A housewife has said she feels like a “new woman” after being given a £25,000 makeover.
Irish mum-of-two Caroline McKenna won a competition in February to embark on a life-changing makeover with TV presenter Jeff Brazier.
She said her appearance had held her back for years – but her physical transformation has given her a self-esteem boost.
“There are no words to describe how I feel or the experience I’ve had”, she said.
“I have been turned into a new woman and now the future looks great. I am so grateful from the bottom of my heart.”
You may also want to watch:
The 44-year-old, who lives on the Timbers Estate on the Isle of Dogs, had pioneering implantable lenses to improve her eyesight, as well as extensive work on her teeth worth thousands of pounds.
“I still can’t believe it’s me, especially now I can read what they can read. I feel so different about myself now”, she said.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
Caroline made the final three of the ‘Dream Makeover Essex’ competition, and was given a new hairstyle and skin treatments as well as works on her eyes and teeth.
The transformations of all three finalists were revealed at a glitzy ceremony last month, hosted by TV personality Jeff Brazier.