Isle of Dogs housewife completes £25,000 makeover
- Credit: Archant
A housewife has said she feels like a “new woman” after being given a £25,000 makeover.
Irish mum-of-two Caroline McKenna won a competition in February to embark on a life-changing makeover with TV presenter Jeff Brazier.
She said her appearance had held her back for years – but her physical transformation has given her a self-esteem boost.
“There are no words to describe how I feel or the experience I’ve had”, she said.
“I have been turned into a new woman and now the future looks great. I am so grateful from the bottom of my heart.”
You may also want to watch:
The 44-year-old, who lives on the Timbers Estate on the Isle of Dogs, had pioneering implantable lenses to improve her eyesight, as well as extensive work on her teeth worth thousands of pounds.
“I still can’t believe it’s me, especially now I can read what they can read. I feel so different about myself now”, she said.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 10 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
Caroline made the final three of the ‘Dream Makeover Essex’ competition, and was given a new hairstyle and skin treatments as well as works on her eyes and teeth.
The transformations of all three finalists were revealed at a glitzy ceremony last month, hosted by TV personality Jeff Brazier.