Isle of Dogs hair salon raises £400 for Newham youth projects
- Credit: Archant
A hair spa has raised £400 for a charity helping to keep youngsters off the streets.
Aqua Hair Spa in Amsterdam Road, in the Isle of Dogs, raised the money to help families in Newham struggling to pay for summer holiday activities for children.
Founder Ayse Enver said: “I grew up in Newham and have a soft spot for the area. I really appreciate how important is is to provide good quality school holiday activities.”
Ms Enver added that she has visited youth projects funded by East End Community Foundation, which organised the fundraising in aid of its Newham Giving scheme.
“It is so inspiring to see young people positively engaged,” Ms Enver said.
You may also want to watch:
Two in every five children lives in poverty in Newham, according to the foundation, which is based in the Isle of Dogs.
To organise a fundraiser email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit eastendcf.org or call 020 7345 4444.
Or donate here.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse