Isle of Dogs slimmer loses more than six stone in six months
- Credit: LighterLife - submitted
A 21-year-old student from the Isle of Dogs has turned her life around after shedding six and a half stone and dropping from a size 18 to a trim size eight.
Madeleine Tash, who lives off Saunderness Road, had struggled with her weight for most of her life, but when she hit an all-time high of 15st and things got on top of her at university in Chelmsford she walked away from her animal science course.
“I was feeling a little lost,” Madeleine said, adding she was determined to finally do something to lose the unwanted pounds.
She signed up for a weight-loss programme, called LighterLife, that had already worked for her Aunt Sharon, and she started eating four special food packages each day and attending weekly food counselling sessions on the Isle of Dogs.
In six months, she went from 15st to hitting her target weight of 8st 7lb in October 2012.
You may also want to watch:
Madeleine said her confidence skyrocketed and she was recently able to return to her studies. She now has a new boyfriend and hopes to train as vet once she’s completed her course, but admits the best thing about being slim was the clothes shopping.
“The best thing by far was pulling on a size 8 pair of jeans for the first time - and them fitting,” she said. “I won’t forget that feeling for a long time.”
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'