It’s a dogs life when Scruffs’ Show opens in East End
THE annual Scruffs’ dog show is coming to London’s East End where mutts from all walkies’ of life are set to compete. Canines with the best smile’ or the waggiest tail are battling for honours at next Saturday’s Poplar Fun Dog Show
THE annual Scruffs' dog show is coming to London's East End where mutts from all 'walkies' of life are set to compete.
Canines with the 'best smile' or the waggiest tail are battling for honours at Saturday's Poplar Fun Dog Show (Nov-28).
"This isn't so much a 'Crufts' show, more a 'scruffs' show," said Pete Day, one of the organisers. "It's a bit of fun where people can bring their pets, no matter if they are the finest pedigree or a loveable old mutt."
Animal wardens are offering owners who live in Tower Hamlets free microchiping and engraved ID tags. Experts are also offering advice on dog behavior, puppy training and pet care.
You may also want to watch:
The fun show at the Teviot centre in Wyvis Street, Poplar, starts at 2pm with a tricks display, followed by the judging for waggiest tale, nicest smile, best pup, best old mutt, best dressed and looking most like its owner.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries