It’s a dogs life when Scruffs’ Show opens in East End
THE annual Scruffs’ dog show is coming to London’s East End where mutts from all walkies’ of life are set to compete. Canines with the best smile’ or the waggiest tail are battling for honours at next Saturday’s Poplar Fun Dog Show
THE annual Scruffs' dog show is coming to London's East End where mutts from all 'walkies' of life are set to compete.
Canines with the 'best smile' or the waggiest tail are battling for honours at Saturday's Poplar Fun Dog Show (Nov-28).
"This isn't so much a 'Crufts' show, more a 'scruffs' show," said Pete Day, one of the organisers. "It's a bit of fun where people can bring their pets, no matter if they are the finest pedigree or a loveable old mutt."
Animal wardens are offering owners who live in Tower Hamlets free microchiping and engraved ID tags. Experts are also offering advice on dog behavior, puppy training and pet care.
You may also want to watch:
The fun show at the Teviot centre in Wyvis Street, Poplar, starts at 2pm with a tricks display, followed by the judging for waggiest tale, nicest smile, best pup, best old mutt, best dressed and looking most like its owner.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 4 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 5 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 6 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 10 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month