Iturbe treble downs O’s
- Credit: Demotix
Final Third Development League: AFC Bournemouth 8 Leyton Orient 3
AFC Bournemouth thrashed Leyton Orient 8-3 in their ‘Final Third’ Development match this afternoon with Argentinean Juan Iturbe netting a hat-trick.
The O’s would have expected a tough encounter when they saw the Roma loanee listed among the starters.
Tommy Elphick and Joshua King also featured for the Premier League outfit who were leading by six goals at one point.
Iturbe opened the scoring with a fine volley before Keelan O’Connell made it 2-0 moments later, tapping in at the back post.
You may also want to watch:
Orient looked to respond and nearly reduced the arrears before the encounter settled down after a frantic start.
In the 40th minute, the Cherries extended their advantage through King and he made it 4-0 just before the break after Iturbe’s effort was saved.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
After the interval, Bournemouth showed no signs of letting up as Lewis Grabban scored from the spot before Iturbe fired into the corner.
The O’s fought back, however, to score twice on the south coast and make the scoreline more respectable.
But the Premier League opposition quickly made it 7-2 when Eunan O’Kane found the net before Iturbe completed his treble.
Orient did grab another to make it 8-3, but it was a difficult afternoon for the young side in action.