Jack’s the lad as Hendon gets his man
- Credit: Archant
Orient boss finally able to bring Peterborough midfielder Jack Payne to Brisbane Road
Leyton Orient have confirmed the loan signing of Peterborough midfielder Jack Payne with a view to a permanent deal.
The 23-year-old has been linked with the Brisbane Road club all summer and travelled with Ian Hendon’s squad to their pre-season training camp in Spain back in July.
Negotiations appeared to be dead once the League Two campaign had started, however, with the O’s and Posh unable to agree a fee for the former Gillingham midfielder.
But the club have confirmed that Payne has moved to Orient on a season-long loan, subject to Football League approval.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder, who captained Posh last season, has featured in two matches for Peterborough and may make his debut for his new club later this evening.
Hendon’s side face Luton Town in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy at Kenilworth Road and Payne may be selected in the starting team.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
The midfielder was previously with Hendon and Orient assistant Andy Hessenthaler at Gillingham and his signing, albeit only on loan, is a huge boost for the Brisbane Road club.