Jahraldo-Martin helps Orient pass Cambridge test
- Credit: Archant
Final Third Development League South: Leyton Orient 4 Cambridge United 0
Leyton Orient comfortably defeated Cambridge United 4-0 in their ‘Final Third’ Development League South at Brisbane Road this afternoon.
Kevin Nolan gave various first team players a chance to impress and they didn’t let him down to give him a headache before Barnet this weekend.
Young goalkeeper Sam Sargeant started while captain Mathieu Baudry was involved again and Frazer Shaw played at left-back.
Blair Turgott and Calaum Jahraldo-Martin were on the wings while Sammy Moore featured in the centre of midfield.
You may also want to watch:
Armand Gnanduillet was up front with Scott Kashket, currently on loan at National League outfit Welling United.
In the Cambridge team was former Orient defender Elliot Omozusi and forward Robbie Simpson, who was briefly on loan at E10.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
The O’s didn’t need long before taking the lead when Turgott’s short corner found Jahraldo-Martin and he curled into the net.
And it was 2-0 in the 20th minute when Gnanduillet’s shot across goal was fired in first time by Kashket.
It remained that way until half time, although young defender Aron Pollock was substituted in the 43rd minute with a facial injury.
Michael Clark replaced him and it only took the east Londoners eight minutes after the restart to extend their lead.
Turgott’s free kick was headed in by Gnanduillet before Jahraldo-Martin was replaced by youngster Josh Koroma.
Kashket’s afternoon was brought to an end in the 64th minute after Omozusi fouled him and Sam Alderson replaced the talented forward.
With 11 minutes remaining the O’s substitute made an impact when he picked up a loose ball and smashed past U’s custodian Jonathan Henly.
It finished 4-0 to the east Londoners with Alderson and Kashket showing the future is bright while Jahraldo-Martin will hope to start at the Hive on Saturday.
Leyton Orient: Sargeant, Ling, Baudry (Barker 63), Pollock (Clark 43), Shaw, Turgott, Moore, Agyemang, Jahraldo-Martin, Kashket (Alderson 64), Gnanduillet.
Unused substitutes: Roach.