Jailed: Gang that carried out 38 robberies in Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Archant
A gang which robbed £10,000 worth of goods from convenience stores and petrol station shops in Tower Hamlets have been jailed.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard the four men were behind 38 raids where staff were threatened with violence while alcohol, cigarettes and confectionary were stolen.
Some premises were targeted more than once by the gang.
In one robbery last December a security guard was threatened by one man while the other three jumped over the counter and stole alcohol and cigarettes worth £1,605.
Last Friday Guled Jama, 28, of Cannon Street Road, Whitechapel, Syed Meah, 23, of Roman Road, Bow, Alinur Rahman, 36, from Tottenham and 34-year-old Abdul Hannan, of no fixed address, were convicted of carrying out the raids.
You may also want to watch:
Jama was jailed for seven years, Rahman must serve three years and four months, Meah was sentenced to two years and eight months and Hannan six years.
All four were also given Criminal Behaviour Orders.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto